So one of my little hobbies that I haven’t let you guys in on yet is that I love to bake & cook but I’m also really impatient. I guess I’m lucky that one of my fave’s is lemon drizzle cake so I’ll be sharing my easy lemon drizzle cake recipe with you today.
When I’m hungry, I’m hungry – I have to eat almost immediately otherwise I get hangry and it’s not pretty; because of this I’ve taught myself how to modify delicious recipes, by simplifying them and cutting the prep time down to the bare minimum that’s needed without compromising on the quality. So let’s jump straight into the first recipe I’m sharing with you – Lemon Drizzle Cake.
Time to prep & bake!
- Preheat oven to Gas 4/180C.
- Beat butter & caster sugar together until creamy in texture.
- Slowly add eggs whilst mixing.
- Sift in flour.
- Add zest of 1 lemon and mix.
- Line your tin of choice. (personal preference is a loaf tin 3x8in with unsalted butter)
- Spoon in the cake mix and level with a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes, when cooked a cocktail stick will come out of the cake clean when inserted into the centre and pulled out.
- Once baked place on a cooling rack.
- Mix together caster sugar and the juice of 1 1/2 lemons to make drizzle.
- Prick the cake (whilst still warm) all over & pour the drizzle over the cake. The juice will sink in and the sugar will form a crystallised topping.
- Leave until completely cool, then remove from tin.
Your easy lemon drizzle cake is all baked, decorated and ready to eat! This cake will keep for 3 days in an airtight container or you can choose to freeze it for up to 1month – serves 10.
Let me know if you tried my recipe and what you think of it! I may start doing 1 or 2 a month, with vegan mods as well so everyone can enjoy.