Hi Guys, I’m Charlie Maddox! Welcome/back to my channel, Maddox Empire! Thanks for watching my latest lush haul in 2019 – next video live on Thursday at 4pm. Keep in touch via my social media platforms in the meantime and don’t forget to let me know if you have any video ideas for me!
Who else is excited for Spring? I know I am so ready for the weather to warm up little too, here are the latest makeup trends for spring/summer 2018.
Is grunge eyeliner back? Well it is now, thanks to Kat Von D and Billie Joe Armstrong! Basket Case Anti-Precision Eyeliner wonderfully pigmented eyeliner is super blend-able whether you use tools to apply/smudge or your finger tips. It’s the new must have for your makeup bag!
Let’s take a look at some iconic eyeliner looks that you can recreate with this product…
Or you could go for something a little more… Classic?
Let me know what you guys think, will you be trying out this imperfect eyeliner? Tell me the looks you’re dying to try with it!
The January sales have come early this year at Miss Guided, they have a massive 70% their stock plus they have added new lines – it’s like Christmas all over again! Regardless of whether you’re still looking for a cozy coat or that perfect sparkly dress for new years eve, no worries because they’ve got you covered but you need to hurry because this 70% off sale ends on the 30th. You have 2 days left! Here are my top picks from this years sale…
- Blue Playsuit £23.00 down from £45.00 – just the right amount of playful and flirty whilst still looking elegant. You could practically wear this just about anywhere, jut throw on a big fur coat over the top to keep warm!
- Block colour jumper for £50.00 keeps jumping in and out of the sale from what I can see but it’s a keeper. I love the colours and texture of this piece, not to mention it’s slightly androgynous twist it carries!
- Grab these snakeskin platforms before they go! They are just £15.00 in the sale right now, look super comfy and you can style them up or dress them down – perfect!
There are plenty of styles and items to choose from so head over to the site now before your favourite pieces sell out! Miss Guided
Illamasqua is one of my favourite makeup brands to use, both personally and professionally. I love how unique their stand point on creativity and design is, how they interact with their consumers and the customer service. The 2 later points may not seem like much if you regularly shop online but if you prefer to go old fashioned and shop in store for your products then it really matters.
Illamasqua in Liverpool, Met Quarter is my go to when I’m shopping for something new. The staff are very welcoming and informative in way that’s not intrusive, who knew that anybody could strike such a perfect balance?! I need a complete Illamasqua haul this month, below are all the products I need to renew ASAP and I’ll also tell you why I love them so much! This is a 2 part blog post, first up is base makeup and the second is eyes & lips!
Nothing Basic About The Base…
Skin Base Foundation
This foundation is amazing, it comes in 26 different shades with different undertones. I go through this stuff so quickly, I love using 01 and 02 for my complexion/highlight but in terms of work it has absolute staying power especially when set and it photographs so beautifully. It comes in at £33.00, if that’s a little steep for you try a small tester first before making your mind up; it’s worth the investment.
This formula is super lightweight and it’s enriched with Vitamin E and C, it goes above and beyond for a skin base! Tip: if you have dry skin and are worried about flaking just ensure to slather the moisturiser on 10 minutes before. Get yours here > Skin Base.
You have no idea how sad it makes me that this product is completely sold out! It was a perfect texture to highlight and enhance the cheekbones, plus it contains powder so there was never any need to set it in place. It has STAYING POWER!
Ugh! What can I say about this product… Well I can say that it is truly beautiful which makes me question why it’s only available in 2 shades. There’s so many different ways to use it, I love it as cheek & brow bone highlight as well as an all over base for under foundation for a glowing complexion. Again, this product is wonderfully lightweight and contains Vitamin E and Mica Mineral! Get one of the beautiful shades here > Gleam!
Hello easiest way to colour correct in the world! Although you can use these pigments all over the face my fave thing to do with them is colour correct, it’s so simple and easy to use and highly blend-able. I like to dab a little on the skin and buff out with a soft brush and watch the product melt into the skin exactly how it should. Tip: Androgen, Dab & Depravity are the best ones for colour correction. Shop for them here > Pigment.
Today I’m going to show you my absolute favourites from Skinny Dip. I genuinely love this brand; it’s super affordable and the quality is great. What more could you ask for when shopping for summer essentials?!
I have 2 completely separate styles, for the cooler months it’s very grungy but for summer I love pops of colour mixed in so although I don’t abandon the black completely, these accessories definitely bring out the playful side in me!
Tip: As usual clicking on the image will take you directly to Skinny Dip shop, I am not paid for this. I have no affiliation with SkinnyDip, I genuinely love their products!
I challenge you to contain your inner baby girl, wild child with this bag. It’s ADORABLE mini size is perfect to take along with you on day trips or hot city trips! This retails at £32.00
I am actually in love with this little bum bag. I know, I know it’s kind of cliche but this screams festival fashion to me and who doesn’t love these embellished pineapples on the front? This cute little thing retails at £20.00.
No one will ever truly understand how sad it makes me that they don’t do cases for Samsung but if you are an iPhone user, you have plenty to choose from. This turtle case comes in at £14.00. So SAD.
I love this choker necklace, it’s perfect for summer. The tiny star is eye catching as it reflects so much light for something so small! Get one for just £12.00.
When I first seen this my immediate thought was ‘ugh I love it’. It just looks like fun, don’t you think? It’s perfect for travel or even just to keep daily products in at home. Grab one before it goes for £12.00.
Prep for your holiday in style with this passport holder! I love this eclectic mix of boho, grunge & girly. Order yours for £12.00.
I hear so many clients, friends and family members asking me about their small eyes and asking me any helpful hints and tips that will open them up, making them look bigger. If this is also you, the good news is it’s actually very simple to achieve a doe eyed look, just by following these steps:
- Get rid of those heavy brows – in order for the eye to look more open you must create space around the eye. To do this ensure you have the correct brow shape for you, find out which one yours is here >>
- It may be a good idea to lighten your brows slightly if they are very dark, not too much as you may still prefer them to blend in wit your hair.
- Always, always curl your eyelashes.
- Eyeshadows that are pale in colour should be placed all over the eyelid, to make the darkest shades very easy to blend.
- Try using medium tones colours for your natural skin tone as this will really help to open up the eye. You can build this up in the outer v or crease line and blend up and out towards to temple.
- Use eyeliner to your advantage by applying a dark liner or shadow along your upper lash line and extended outwards along the outer corner of the eye. Pair this with extending the lower lash line in a lighter shade, also in an upwards and outwards motion.
- Highlight the brow bone and the inner eye in the same light shade.
- Use a champagne shade eyeliner in the lower water line of your eye to add definition and the illusion of space.
- Apply mascara, concentrating the second coat to the upper and outer section of lashes to create a cat eye look.
Ever wonder why your eyeshadow just doesn’t quite do what you want it to? Not know what colours will suit you? If the answer to either of these questions was yes then I can help you and you are in the right place! Keep reading to see a couple of my handy hints to keep your makeup looking on point.
- If you are looking to create a classical / timeless look then your best bet will be an array of matte powders in neutral tones from light to dark.
- Choose a shape that accentuation your desired eye shape and bare this in mind whilst apply eyeshadow.
- Unless you are using just one shade, try to use at least 2 brushes to ensure an even blend of colour.
- If you are very new to makeup and don’t want to shell out on brushes I would recommend buying a kit that has a blending brush, flat brush & a pencil brush supplied. These can be found at super drug for around £8.00.
- Always rememeber to prep the eyelid with a primer, powder or foundation before applying any shadow. Especially when using dark or very bright colours to ensure that the colour doesn’t stain the eyelids.
- Tap off any excess from your brush, remember to add a little at a time and build as you go.
- If you want to make your eye colour really pop then choose a contrasting shade to your eye colour.
– Blue eyes come alive with any shade of peach hues & orange undertones.
– Green eyes are great with bronze or caramel tones & a pop of lavendar.
– Hazel eyes are stunning with chestnut shades, brown tones pops of purple or green.
– Brown eyes look wonderful with all natural shades within your skin tones range & beautiful jewel tones to brighten the eye.